Cat A Pult
Nitin : +91 83205 98322
- Cat-A-Pult is an event in which you have to create a mechanism that transforms one form of energy into another. The stored energy comes from building mechanisms that would use tension, torque, and gravity. You have to create a projectile motion of an object. Problem statements will be provided at the start of the event. Materials will be provided to you on the very day of the event.
- ROUND 1:
- You will have to make a specific mechanism/prototype of your own from the given problem statement.
- Along with this, your prototype should also be able to perform certain tasks.
- ROUND 2:
- Here certain tasks will be provided to you, which have to be performed by your prototype.
- The materials will be provided to the participants which are needed for the development of the mechanism.
- Participants will have to use the same mechanism for the whole tournament. One cannot use different machines for different rounds.
- The teams must report at the time allocated to them.
- If there is any damage/loss to the tools or instruments provided then the team in possession would be liable to pay for the damage
- Violation of any rule will be followed by instant disqualification.
- Maximum dimensions will be revealed at the time of the event.
- Judgment will be done based on accuracy, finishing, and time taken.
- Use of the internet for help is strictly prohibited for this event.
- The participation fee for a team of 3 participants Rs 180.
- Winners will be rewarded with attractive prizes.
- Participation certificates will be given to every participant.
- Sturdy wooden sticks (ice cream sticks can work)
- Cello tape
- Fevicol (any type of gum)
- Plastic straws of various diameters
- Sturdy rubber bands
- Plastic cup (to use as a holder)
- Small sponge/eraser/crazy ball (to use as an object to throw)
- Bowls or Bucket for catching the object
- Rubber bands