Bridge The Gap
Nitin : +91 83205 98322
- The participating teams have to design a suspension bridge with the help of popsicle sticks, fevicol, and other necessary equipment while keeping in mind all the important aspects such as load-carrying capacity, aesthetic, seismic criteria. The participants are free to implement other ideas as per their imagination and skills
- ROUND 1:
- The participants will have to make a model of a bridge keeping all the criteria in mind using the material provided by us.
- Further instructions and minimum dimensions for the length, width, and height of the bridge will be given on the day of the event.
- ROUND 2: (Tiebreaker)
- Selected teams will have to give answers to the questions related to the structural engineering domain.
- Further, the model made by them will undergo seismic loading.
- Only Popsicle sticks and glue will be provided to you, participants will have to bring all the remaining decorative materials by themselves.
- Sticks can be altered physically by cutting or notching at any angle. (Cutter should be brought by the participants)
- Only Fevicol can be used as adhesive, use of other adhesives may lead to disqualifications.
- The use of threads is not allowed.
- The overlapping between two sticks should be more than 40%.
- The maximum number of sticks that can stack together is three.
- For the event, participants will have 3 hours to complete their model.
- In case of any discrepancies, the decision taken by the organizing committee will be the final.
- The participation fee for a team of 3-4 participants is Rs 240.
- Winners will be rewarded with attractive prizes.
- Participation certificates will be given to every participant.